I’ll get straight to the point: we’re going full time on Boxy Suite, the best Gmail and Calendar experience for Mac. Quitting our jobs, especially in the Italian economy, has been the scariest decision of our lives — also because we don’t have any funding and we’re really betting everything on our products — but we finally felt ready to go all-in.
After countless weekends and nights spent working on Boxy Suite, we’re really excited to finally work on the apps full time. All of this wouldn’t have been possible without the thousands of people that supported us for years (some backstory here), and a great launch of Boxy Suite, which now has more than 800 paying users!
Thank you so much 🙏 Here’s just one of the many messages we got after launching Boxy Suite:
Just wanted to say you have no idea how happy this makes me - when Inbox was discontinued I was sad because Boxy was the best experience I’ve had with email in a long time. I’m so incredibly glad you’ve released Boxy Suite and loving it already! — James Riley
We’re getting a lot of feedback and we’re already working hard to improve the apps and take Boxy Suite to the next level. For instance, an area we’re focusing on now is the notifications system, which we’re going to completely revamp soon. We’re also excited to be finally working on team licensing, which will allow teams to buy Boxy Suite in bulk at different price points. If you’re interested in Boxy Suite for your team, please fill out this form.
Now, here’s another bomb we’re dropping today: today we’re introducing a new Minimal Mode for Boxy for Gmail. It will make Gmail look much cleaner and more minimal. If you used Boxy and loved the Minimal Theme, you’re gonna enjoy this. You can enable it in Boxy for Gmail’s Preferences (make sure you have the latest version of the app).
Finally, what follows is a list of some of the improvements we did recently.
Fixes and Improvements
- You can now use the arrow keys to navigate between days/weeks/months in boxy for Calendar
- You can now Paste and Match Style by pressing CMD+Shift+V instead of CMD+Shift+Alt+V
- Links now open instantly in Boxy for Gmail (there was a small delay)
- Calendar is rolling out a design overhaul, and we already updated our theme to support it
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from logging in the apps (a popup gave an error
Failed to map data to decodable object)
- Fixed a major issue in Gmail which reflected in Boxy for Gmail as well, where the top part of the webapp would get cut out when expanding messages in long threads
- Fixed Meet links opening twice when clicked in Boxy for Calendar
- We improved the “Subscription expired” popup, you can now logout and sign in with another account